Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hughes Net Sucks

The big news today? I'm dumping Hughes Net. You've probably seen their moderately annoying commercials touting their fast download speed and how much better they are than dial-up. Dial up, maybe. Anything else? HELL NO.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy this service unless you have no other choice. The first major problem with it, (and they don't bother to tell you this) is that you have a 24 hour download limit. It's 250mb with their basic service. You can upgrade it to I believe 400, but that's it. You go over that, and they knock you down to turtle shit speed as punishment. That's right, you sit in the cyber dog house for another 24 hours (minimum) at about 56k. Oh, unless you do your downloads between 2:00a and 5:00a. Sorry, but I need my internet all the time.

The second problem is that their service is slow. Slow as in, barely better than dial up. I just now tested it and got, AT MOST 997kbps. DSL and cable run about 5-7mbps. And best of all, THEY'RE BOTH CHEAPER than hughes!

To make matters even worse, you're locked in with a 2 year contract. I hate this lousy service so bad, however, that I'm going to EAT $400.00 to get out of it and switch to DSL (which is half the price for a million x better service).

Yes it was my mistake. I'm doing this to warn you so you can learn from it.

HUGHES SUCKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home