Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Crime emergency declared in Washington, DC

According to a Washington Post article today, there has been a "crime emergency" declared in our nation's capitol. The story can be found here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/02/AR2005120202018.html

How ironic it is that the worst crime in the entire nation is in our federal government's backyard. While people are being murdered, raped, robbed, and mugged, what is our federal government doing? It's busy trying to outlaw internet gambling, flag burning, gay marriage, and making sure "under God" stays in the pledge of allegiance.

Why do we allow the federal government to tell us we can't gamble on the internet? I have enjoyed internet gaming for years, and the crime rate at my house is zero. Yet our self-righteous congressmen and dictatorial president have decreed that they know what's best for me... not just once, or twice, but over and over. I must not burn the flag. I must not support gay marriage. I must say "Under God". I cannot gamble on the internet. I cannot smoke pot even if I'm dying of cancer (yet I can get a perscription for marinol at $80.00 a pill).

It is a sad state of affairs when this type of legislation is the best our government can offer, while at the same time the city they call home is a virtual combat zone. How about they stop worrying about what I'm doing on the internet and others are doing in their bedrooms and pay attention to something that actually matters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home